Thursday, August 9, 2012

Ut Oh [The Great Gatsby: Pgs 121-132]

The Great Gatsby
F. Scott Fitzgerald

And this is the part we've all been waiting for...(I'm currently skipping the first part of this section to get to the juicy part.)
The whole crew go to a suite in the Plaza Hotel to discuss what they are going to do. Throughout the story I have noticed that both Tom and Daisy are very demanding of the other. However, this deems unimportant to the explosion that happened between Gatsby and Tom. Screaming about Daisy loves me and not you, and I love Daisy this and that. It is all rather juicy, so if you missed it I would suggest reading it. Tom made a complete fool of himself. I found it extremely hypocritical. He says, "'Once in a while I go off on a spree and make a fool of myself, but i always come back, and in my heart I love her all the time'" (Fitzgerald, 131). Well he did practically the same thing and it was perfectly alright, but now it isn't. Well karma is...well if you don't know what karma is ask Mrs. Helbing, she will tell you. There are always arguments and fights throughout life, the test is how we handle them.

We are also aware that Mr. Wilson knows something about his wife's "other life." If Tom gets caught, I say it is only fair. However, maybe both of the men can go back to living their own separate lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment